Bluetooth Not Working on iOS 11 on iPhone after update?
Update II: Apple released iOS 11.2, the second major update to the iOS 11 operating system available on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iOS 11.2 comes a month after iOS 11.1, the first major update to iOS 11, and it follows several other smaller bug fix updates.
Update: please do not use OTA (Over-the-Air) update from iOS 10 to iOS 11. Download the latest IPSW file for your iPhone or iPad then update with iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your computer.
- Select the device in iTunes.
- On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update”
- On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
- Let the iOS device update as usual.
Like in case of any major iOS software update this time also some users seem to have problems after updating (OTA) to iOS 11 such as Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connection problems, draining battery life a lot faster etc.
Some users seem to be having problems connecting their iPhones and iPads to Bluetooth devices (iBlue Smart Gate) after installing the iOS 11 update.
For the very first step, please take it into consideration, that the problem is actually based on your iPhone or iPad and not on the Bluetooth accessory (iBlue Smart Gate /Smart Key) you’re trying to connect to.
How to Fix iOS 11 Bluetooth Problems
After you have considered that the problem lies in you iPhone or iPad running iOS 11, here are a few solutions you could try:
1. Repair Bluetooth Issues on iOS 11 with eBeacon app
- Download the eBeacon application from the AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebeacon-ibeacon-eddystone-ble-device-scanner/id730279939?mt=8
- When you start the app, it will search for the device, so it will be also viable in the Bluetooth devices list.
- After this, you have to switch off and again on the BT in the settings.
- Then you restart your phone.
- From then on, the Bluetooth module will be updated, so there won’t be any disfunction.
- And the Smart Key app will also see the device.
2. Restore and Setup as new iPhone
This is not ideal, but if none of these tips fix your issues, the last resort is to restore your iPhone or iPad via iTunes, and set it up as a new device. This way, you start afresh, and get rid of possibly problematic customizations and settings on your device.
Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you can’t access a computer and your device still works, you can erase and restore your device without a computer.
Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].
Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.
4. Repair Bluetooth Issues on iOS 11 via ReiBoot
If your Bluetooth not available on iOS 11 still exist, you may then try to use third party software to fix this problem. ReiBoot, a free tool to put iOS device into recovery mode and bring it back to normal with 1 click.
Run ReiBoot and connect iPhone with PC/Mac. Click “Enter Recovery Mode”, and click “Exit Recovery Mode” until you see iTunes and USB icons on iPhone screen. Then your iPhone may turn back to normal.
Besides, if the Bluetooth connectivity issues on iOS 11 related to your iPhone operating system, you can also use the powerful feature Fix All iOS Stuck of ReiBoot to repair corrupted iOS system to get the problem solved.
If the clean installation is flawless………….